The library was named in honor of Mrs. Margaret Jones after a generous donation to the building program made by her son, David and Rita Jones. Margaret Maddux Jones was born October 4, 1904 in Buena Vista, Georgia, daughter of Thomas Maddux and Margaret Davis Maddux. Mr. Maddux was a mail carrier who died when she was five years old. She graduated from Hoke Smith Institute in Buena Vista and began teaching school in Marion County at the age of 17. In 1922 she came to Worth County to teach in the Tempy Community, where she met Charles Sidney Jones, Sr., also a teacher at Tempy. They married on December 8, 1924 and resided in Tempy. The couple reared 11 children. She resided in Worth County for over 80 years until her death on February 24, 2002.
In addition to teaching and raising a family, Margaret was very active in Pinson Memorial United Methodist Church with a special interest in the youth group. She was a member of the Carrie Mandeville Sunday School Class, Sunshine Club and the Pinson Missionary Council. Also, she was a past president of the Sylvester Garden Club and a member of the United Daughters of the Confederacy.